- Connect your twitter account to clicking on > Twitter
- Connect your Societal account by clicking on > Mastodon
- enter email@example.com
- Configure various options
Post from Twitter to Societal
- You can choose between posting only your tweets, or also posting retweets and quotes.
- You can choose between posting retweets and quotes as links or as the old-style RTs, starting by RT
- Quotes bigger than 500 characters are automatically split in two toots, one replying to the other.
- Your own threads can also be crossposted!
- No other replies will be posted. There's no risk of filling your Societal timeline with replies to people that are not there.
- Images and videos are crossposted to Societal. The best quality that fits in Societal will be crossposted!
- Image and any other media descriptions from Twitter are completely crossposted to Societal
- Possibility to add a content warning to all tweets being posted toSocietal
- Infer content warnings: if your tweet begins with a line containing "content warning" it will be posted behind a content warning on Societal. More information about which formats are supported can be seen below at Experimental Content Warning recognition
- Blocklists or Allowlists: Only crosspost tweets containing one word from a list or do not crosspost tweets that contain at least one word from a list
Post from Societal to Twitter
- Any toot bigger than 280 characters will be posted with a link to the original toot. (Be careful, if you post your private toots, your followers might not be able to see the original post!)
- Mind your privacy: you can choose which privacy levels you want to crosspost. Only posting public toots, for instance.
- Images and videos will be crossposted over to Twitter
- Images and video descriptions from Societal will be crossposted to Twitter, in medias where Twitter support descriptions
- If your post has a content warning, only the content warning will be crossposted to Twitter, together with a link back to the original post
- If your image is marked as sensitive, the rest of the toot will be crossposted, together with a hint that there's images attached and a link to the original post.
- You can choose between posting boosts or not.
- Your own threads can also be crossposted, respecting to the choices you made regarding your privacy.
- No other replies will be posted. There's no risk of filling your twitter timeline with replies to people that are not there.
- Blocklists or Allowlists: Only crosspost toots containing one word from a list or do not crosspost tweets that contain at least one word from a list